The 7 chakras.
You probably heard them mentioned on TV or in your yoga class.
But exactly what are the 7 chakras? And why do they matter?
If you're interested in learning more about chakras, read on.
• Are there different types of chakras?
• What are the 7 chakras?
• What color is each chakra?
• How can I access the 7 chakras?
• What Is a Chakra?
• Are There Different Types of Chakras?
• What Are the 7 Healing Chakras?
• Can Chakras Become Blocked?
• Benefits of Unblocking the 7 Chakras
• Accessing the 7 Chakras at Body & Brain Yoga Tai Chi
In Sanskrit, chakra means “spinning wheel of energy.”
• Your major organs
• Your nerves; and
• Other areas of your body
…that relate to your physical and emotional well-being.
Beginning at your tailbone and running to the top of your head, your chakras are at the center of your body.
• Thoughts; and
Yes! Depending on who you ask, there can be seven, nine, twelve, or even 114 different types of chakras.
• Location; and
• Health focus
1. The root chakra
2. The sacral chakra
3. The solar plexus chakra
4. The heart chakra
5. The throat chakra
6. The third eye chakra
7. The crown chakra
The 7 chakras correspond to the seven colors of the rainbow, representing the energy coming in and out of your body.
When you learn deeply about the chakras, you can get to know yourself better and understand how to become your true self.
By looking at each of the 7 chakras and their characteristics, you will be able to see areas you may need to work on.
Here are the basics, but to learn even more, get in touch with us today at Body & Brain Yoga Tai Chi.
The first chakra is the root chakra, and its energy is a deep, red color.
The root chakra is the foundation of life.
It is located in your tailbone, and if your root chakra has a healthy energy balance, you have a strong will and a healthy drive for life.
• Walking barefoot for grounding
• Eating naturally red foods
• Doing grounding meditations
• Doing grounding yoga poses
• Facing your past; and
• Connecting with family and friends
The second chakra is the sacral chakra and its energy is an orange color.
Located two inches below your navel, the sacral chakra is the powerhouse of your body and home to your creative energy.
People who have a strong sacral chakra have good relationships with themselves and others.
If your sacral chakra is blocked, you may feel detached from your emotions and the emotions of those around you.
• Expressing your creativity
• Eating naturally orange foods
• Doing yoga poses that open the hip area
• Repeating affirmations that you are deserving of love
• Practicing healthy sexuality; and
• Investing in healthy relationships
The third chakra is the solar plexus chakra, and it is represented by the color yellow.
The solar plexus chakra is located between your stomach and liver in the middle of your diaphragm.
People who have a healthy balance of their third chakra possess self-confidence.
People with unhealthy energy in their solar plexus chakra tend to be triggered by their emotions and are easily upset.
It is not uncommon for someone to have a lot of pain in their third chakra since it is the place where some unresolved…
• Trauma; and
The fourth chakra is the heart chakra and its energy is green.
The heart chakra is located at the center of your chest, parallel with your nipples.
• Heart; and
• True self
People who have a healthy balance of energy in their heart chakra can love themselves and other people. They display compassion and resonate with others.
• Lacking in empathy
• Struggling to show compassion; and
• Doing things that hurt yourself and others
Many individuals who have unhealed trauma or stress are said to have a blocked fourth chakra.
• Doing heart chakra yoga poses
• Spending time in nature
• Eating naturally green foods
• Repeating affirmations of love for yourself and all living things
• Focusing on having an open heart
The fifth chakra is the throat chakra, and its energy is a turquoise blue color.
The throat chakra is located at the center of your throat, and it is the seat of your self-expression.
If you have a balanced energy center in your throat chakra, you will be able to express your needs well and in a way that doesn’t hurt other people.
• Not express their emotions enough; or
• Overly express themselves in a way that hurts themselves or others
They may have a scratchy throat or a raspy voice that lacks clarity.
People who tend to swallow their words and have difficulty expressing themselves can experience blockages in their throat chakra.
• Breath exercises
• Doing throat chakra yoga poses
• Eating naturally blue foods; and
• Repeating affirmations that your voice matters
The sixth chakra is the third eye chakra, and its energy is indigo blue.
• Wisdom; and
People with a healthy balance of their third eye chakra can see straight into the root of a problem.
• Not know yourself well
• Feel numb; and
• Be out of touch with the world around you
• Doing chakra yoga poses
• Eating naturally blue foods
• Meditating on a flame, such as a candle
• Breath exercises; and
• Spending time in nature
The 7th chakra is the crown chakra, and its color is violet purple.
Located on the top of your head, your crown chakra is where you receive and communicate energy from the spiritual realm.
If your 7th chakra is balanced, you have a good connection to spirit or life energy around you.
• Trees; and
• Everything in general
Those who have an imbalance of the energy in their 7th chakra, feel a sense of disconnection.
They may walk around with their heads in the clouds, living in space, instead of in the here and now, and may have difficulty connecting with people and life in general.
• Doing crown chakra yoga poses
• Eating foods that are naturally white or purple
• Spending time in nature; and
• Repeating affirmations that energy lives forever
The short answer is yes.
Each of the 7 chakras can get blocked in ways that relate to all sorts of problems in our everyday lives.
Picture a beautiful, babbling mountain stream.
In a perfect world, the water will begin at the very top of the mountain and flow, undisturbed, until it reaches the bottom. But a storm rolls through, moving a huge boulder right into the center of the stream, blocking the current.
Now, the flow of water has been diverted or stopped altogether, making it unable to access anything beyond the boulder.
Imagine the flowing water to be the flow of energy through your body.
This is how the seven chakras in your body can become blocked.
• Family issues
• Stress at work
• Financial problems
• Unresolved anger
• Poor dietary choices
• Sexual issues
• Low self-esteem
• Feelings of rejection
• Living in denial; and
When the 7 chakras become blocked, it's critical to unblock them.
• Mental; and
…health and wellness.
• Heal your trauma
• Increase the openness of your mind
• Develop a positive outlook
• Build deeper relationships with those around you
• Improve your memory
• Enhance your concentration
• Develop a more keen awareness of life; and
• Much more
If you would like to learn more about how strong chakras contribute to your overall wellness, gain insights about the different chakras, and learn methods to help you balance your chakra energy, Body & Brain Yoga Tai Chi would love to help.
At Body & Brain Yoga Tai Chi, we offer a wide variety of workshops and classes to help you open your chakras.
• Physical bodywork
• Energy meditations; and
• Breathing exercises
… to open up the blockages and connect them all as one. Finally, we reassess your chakras to ensure energy is flowing properly.
• Accountability; and
… to keep you motivated as you travel the path to a holistic approach to your well-being and health
Join us today for a private introductory session and let one of our expert team members help you make a plan to achieve your goals.