Body & Brain Tai Chi
Body & Brain centers offer a form of Tai Chi called DahnMuDo, which means "The Way of Limitless Energy." In this type of class you'll learn a series of slow, flowing, energy-balancing movements derived from Qigong and the martial arts, based on Tai Chi principles.
At Body & Brain, you'll also find energy sensing and balancing Tai Chi exercises incorporated into a variety of our classes and workshops:
- Many of the deep stretches in our regular classes and special workshops are derived from Qigong postures. They’re designed to help improve your energy circulation from head to toe.
- You can experience energy sensing meditation, a practice in which you feel energy between your hands.
- You can also experience Dahn Mu ("Energy Dance"), a free-form dance designed to help you feel oneness and harmony with the energy around you.
OUR TAI CHI CLASSES
POSTURES FOR STRENGTH AND STABILITY
- Strengthen your lower body and core muscles
- Improve your balance and body awareness
- Release tension from your back and shoulders
POSTURES FOR CIRCULATION AND BREATHING
- Open blockages in the meridians
- Activate and improve overall energy circulation
- Deepen the breath and improve focus
ADVANCED EXERCISES FOR QI MANAGEMENT
- Control your flow of energy
- Balance the different energies of the body
- Brighten your spirit and open your heart
- Develop healing energy to share with others